How to replace a spiral window balance

A home owner from IL says:
The broken spiral balance spring pictures are attached.
I want to learn how to replace them. The bottom connection part are broken too.
The length is 28.5 Inch, the diameter is 3/8 and the color is blue at the end.
What kind of parts I need to buy?

Thank you,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The key measurements are the diameter and length of the outer tube. Based on your pictures, I think they would be 9/16" in diameter, but you should confirm just in case. If they are, see our Series 600 spiral balance. We also have a video on how to replace them.
A home owner from Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 says:
1. what is the other part at the lower end called which matched with Series 600 spiral balance?
where can I by the part?
2. Where I can find the tool to rotate the spiral balance?

Thank you,
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Feng, the part that attaches at the lower end of the balance is called a pivot shoe. Please take a look at the 15-046 Pivot Shoe and compare it to your original piece. The tool to charge the balance is the 75-006 Charging Tool.

Don't forget to watch the video above, it has a bunch of helpful information regarding spiral balance replacements.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)