Hurd Windows: Broken Balance Shoes

A handy person from Illinois says:
My house was built in 2008. As I understand it, these are Hurd windows and the "shoes" that connect the balance to the windows have been starting to break. Do you happen to have replacements for this window? I've attached pictures of the balance and the broken "shoe". I'm calling it a "shoe" as that is what another company told me it was called.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_191412.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_191349.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_191355.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_191403.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_191428.jpg
These are for vinyl windows
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

If all you need is the shoe, our 15-236 would be my pick. Take a look at the specifications and let me know if you have any questions.

Do you also offer matching replacement balances?
Profile picture of Emily

We do! That would be our Series 795. So for the balances in your photos, you would want the S795-27 with the 27B strength option. 

Just note, the 15-236 shoe will not fit into our Series 795 since it lacks a groove in the metal channel. Our Series 795 comes with the 15-195 by default so there's no need to purchase the 15-236 if you're replacing the whole balance. 

I plan to order a bunch of the shoes. Is there anything specific about the specs that I should review before placing my order?

Also, if I were to order a channel balance, I would need a screw plug, but would not be able to use the square plugs as my window has round holes. Can you please provide some guidance?
Profile picture of Emily

Our 15-236 appears to match your original but you can compare the specifications with yours to see how they align.

Dimensions for 15-236
Dimensions for 15-236

Regarding the round holes, can you confirm if your balance uses a hook or a screw to install? Our Series 795 installs with a screw but if yours installs with a hook instead, this would have to be a custom order. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.