Hurricane Window Balance

A quick learner from Florida says:
Hi,
Need two of these balances for some double hung Hurricane windows. Can you identify from this marking or do you need more info? Can I get price for two pieces and then also for say 10 pieces in case I want to replace some of the other ones.

Thanks!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6152.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This marking should be more than sufficient. This is a match for one of our Hybrid balances. We can supply it, but it will have to be a custom order since it's not a stock configuration.

What I can do is email you a purchase link and price quote right now that will allow you to add 10 of these to your cart. You can then checkout as normal. 

Just a couple things to note: the length of the tube should be 30-1/2" and the sash weight should be 53 pounds. You may want to check those details to verify but assuming that your stamp is accurate then they should all match up.

We also offer volume pricing for this balance starting at 10. If you were to order any fewer in the future, the price per balance will go up. Just something to keep in mind.

Thanks for the info, what is the lead time on these since they are custom? Also, there is a plastic/metal piece at the end of the balancer where the sash connects, is this piece included or do I need to order these separately?
Profile picture of Tom

The lead time on these balances is approximately 5-6 business weeks. As for an attachment piece, these are always sold separately. The most common bracket I've seen is the 17-083 but there are other possibilities. You'll have to check the original. 

You can also just reuse the original, assuming it's not damaged.

Tom,
On the link you sent for the balances it was for qty 10 and it doesn't appear I can adjust the qty so could you send me an updated link with only 4 pieces?

Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! I'll email that out to you right now.

Hi Tom,
Made it out to Florida and luckily still have a condo, quite the hurricane. I was able to take a picture of the bracket, see attached. Do you have these available? If so could you add these to the order as well?

I also have top window locks that are not really working that great so do you have something like this as well that could use the same screw holes? If so please add 8 of these to the quote for the other windows as well.

Thanks for all your help, next time it will go smoother!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6325.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6326.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Hello! I'm happy to hear that your condo survived the weather down there. 

Looks like you have a pivot shoe and lock mechanism here. I'm very confident we have both. For the pivot shoe, see our 15-048. The design looks very close at first glance but you should still review our dimensions to verify that they all match up. There are other possibilities, in case this isn't a fit, so just let me know and we can pursue other options.

Alternate image for 15-048
Alternate image for 15-048

For the lock, this is comprised of two components: the mechanism and the cover. See our 90-252 and 90-253, respectively.

Please let me know if you had any other questions and I would be happy to assist you!

Alternate view of 90-252
Alternate view of 90-252

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.