I think I have a Series 140 coil balance

A quick learner from West Haven, CT says:
I think its a series 140 quick tilt balancer but im not 100% sure and I dont know the weight.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Series 160___________________________ matches what you have. It looks like your old shoe is our 15-111, which is compatible with our Series 160 spring. You only need to replace what's broken, so if the springs are the only things broken on your window then you just need to buy the Series 160. You'll need the stamp on the old spring to confirm the best option.

A quick learner from West Haven, CT says:
So I had to check every spring in the place before I found one that wasn't rubbed off. The spring was labeled '#6.5 35" PATS 5232203'. So does this mean I should get a 160 spring or a 165? And how do I know the apropriate weight amount for the spring?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The stamp does not indicate Series, it indicates how much weight it supports. Your spring carries 6.5 pounds.

The spring commonly used with the 15-111 shoe is our Series 160, which is 1/2" wide. The Series 165 is 3/8" wide. That's the determining factor. Yours should be 1/2" wide.

If your stamp reads 6.5, you'd want our S160-6.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.