I think the gears or handles are stripped

A home owner from Denver says:
We are hoping we will be able to fix/replace the hardware on our casement windows rather than replace them. I believe it has been several years since most have been opened and now, to make matters worse, some may be painted shut. I am unable today to try too hard as it is only 20 degrees. But the name on them is Caradco which I see you carry. I am unsure of the size as of yet. I do not see any product numbers under the cover but it says Truth if that helps. It looks like I'd have to unscrew part of the window seal to see the rest of it. Is that correct? I appreciate, in advance, your help with this. Mona
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mona. Yes, we will need to see more of the operator before we can recommend anything. Carado has used our 39-155 and 39-156, but there is no guarantee that this is what you have. If you were to open the window and show us pictures of the arms, we would be able to have a better idea of what can replace it. The size of the arms is also very important. Also, see the video below on how this operator is replaced.
As for the lock, check out our 38-097 and 38-098. You may also need the 38-079 keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)