ISO 2 channel balances & pivot bars & shoes

A quick learner from Panama City Florida says:
Hi All, I'm in search of parts for one of my windows. Photos are from another window of the same size. Research here indicates a 28" (which it is), "B" for the weight of the sash (it weighs 16.5 pounds). The balance measures ~1/2" wide (the opening where the balance is is 1/2" and I can't pull the balance out). The total opening from shoe lock (wall to wall is 1 1/4" shoe lock distance).

I suspect the shoe isn't made anymore and my pivot bars are very uncommon to find.

What are your equivalent parts? The windows are from 1998.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221015_155201312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221020_181444099.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221020_175541682.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20221020_175234828.jpg
A quick learner from Panama City Florida says:
Okay, I did find your 28 series 775 channel balance with an included 1 1/4" wedge shoe! That's what I need. I also found your 26-241 3" pivot bar.

So, I found everything but how to get the old channel balance out and replace? A 9/16" balance in a 1/2" opening.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm glad you found all the parts that you needed.

As for how to remove the Series 775, it's fairly straight forward. You have to first "unlock" the bottom shoe by twisting it with a screwdriver, which will free it up and let you slip it out of the track. Just make sure to keep a firm grip on it as you unlock it otherwise it will shoot back up into the balance and could even break. You want the shoe to be as close to the metal channel as possible when you unlock it.

After that, you can unscrew the balance at the top and pull the whole thing out. 

The guide below shows you the installation process, which can be reversed for removal.

How to install a S775 balance
How to install a S775 balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.