Identification of Window Sash Balance in Order to Order Replacements

A home owner from Orlando, FL says:
Metal channel measurements: 29" long X 9/16" wide X 5/8" deep.
Number stamped on channel: 28 B.

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LowerSideView.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LowerSideView_2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LowerUndersideView.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UpperSideView.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named UpperUndersideView.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think we can get you this balance, but before I recommend anything I'd like you to tell me the depth of that bottom shoe. From your photo it seems to be less than 1", but if that's the case then this has to be a custom order, so we should be 100% sure.

I'd also like to know how many you need; just in case this does end up being a custom order, we have to set the quantity ahead of time.

Entire depth of my Bottom Shoe is 15/16". It looks to me like your: 28" Series 380 Channel Balance with Option 2720, would replace mine. The only difference I see is that my bottom shoe depth extends slightly (maybe 1/2") higher before sloping toward the metal channel at a steeper angle. This difference is likely not significant. What do you think? And again, thank you for your information.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not worried about the overall shape of the shoe, just the depth. 15/16" is a little on the small side but on the other hand it's entirely possible that yours simply wore down a little over time. Since it's still over 7/8", which is our custom option, I am leaning towards that being the case. If you agree than the Series 380 should work perfectly well.

I ordered and received Qty: 2, Series S380-29 with Option: 2820 balances. As you suggested the shoe was too deep. However, I was able to grind about 1/8-inch off of the shoe depth and the balances then worked perfectly. I would like to order a couple of balances with your 7/8-inch shoe depth custom option to make sure these work for me and so that I do not have to make grinding adjustments on future orders. Could you please provide information on how to order this custom option? Thanks.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.