Identifying rollers in sliding doors

A handy person from Bradenton, Florida says:
Hi, I have a 3 panel sliding patio door on a lanai. Manufacturer was "Florida Extruders International" and it is a "Series 1000". Each door has two, single roller units on either end.

Looking to find a replacement model.

The picture shows the parts I removed. One part has "D-1106" printed on it.

There are parts remaining inside the bottom of the door (I tried to get pic of this). Not sure how that part gets removed, if it is supposed to. Must be a trick to it that I'm missing.

Thanks,

Jerry
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Roller Parts.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Remaining in door.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8580.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely supply this roller, but what you're showing me is just the internal housing. The part you see in the door still is the external housing, which is necessary to see to ID. If it doesn't come out after you unscrew it then you may need to top off the bottom rail of the door frame to access it.

Thanks...I pulled a whole unit from the door.

The external housing is 1-9/16" tall x 2-3/16" long. Also, the roller is 5/16" wide.

Also, the outside width of the exterior carrier is 11/16"

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8586.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! The best match we seem to have in our inventory is the 81-245 roller. The dimensions match up almost exactly with one exception: the width on ours is 3/4", not 11/16". Could you double check that dimension to confirm? I'm hoping this is what you're looking for. 

Also note the "arch" shaped gap at the bottom of the roller, right under the screw hole.

Alternate image for 81-245
Alternate image for 81-245
I double checked, and it is 11/16 exactly. I could try this one to see if it will fit. However, one thing I noticed is that the adjustment screw on mine is at the bottom, and the attachment screw is at the top...opposite of 81-245.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming. In that case, take a look at the 81-020 roller. It has the same height and it has the width at 11/16". I also noticed that the adjustment screw is toward the bottom of the housing and the mounting screw is at the top. Looking at your photos the screws look like they are in the same location as yours. 

A home owner from Florida says:
Hoping Jerry can say which model worked out. I have the same doors
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.