Incorrect Window Balance?

A home owner from Tampa, FL says:

Hello, I mistakenly ordered the 37" series 395 channel balance. I meant to order the 37" series 380 with the winged shoe. I'm not even sure if that is correct, so I'm uploading some photos of the old shoe and a side-by-side of the old and the new one I received. I believe the 15-005 shoe is what I need, but I only measured about 15/16" on my old shoe where your measure shows 1" - it could be that my old shoe is worn down some though. I'm also uploading pictures of the top with side-by-side as well. I think that will work, but there is a very slight difference. The new top has a plastic lip inside that the old one does not (I took a pen and marked up the lip). Can you take a look and see if I'm on the right track for the top and the shoe? Thanks, John

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting SWISCO. Sorry for your trouble in procuring the correct balances. Yes, the S380-37 looks correct. The slight difference in the top attachment should not make any difference with the replacement. And you are correct, likely the original shoe was just worn down a bit. Let us know if you have any other questions!

A home owner from Tampa, FL says:
Thanks. By the way, in case you haven't figured it out, I'm not the most handy person. Do you know of anyone in my area who installs/replaces your channel balances?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We don't have anyone that we'd recommend offhand, but a local handyman would be able to assist you. That said, check out the video below that details how to replace channel balances like your own. If you were able to remove them, you might find installing them to not be too much of a hassle either.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.