Indentifying the channel holders

A quick learner from San Jose says:
Hi,

The window channel holders needs to be replaced for the windows.

Please help in choosing the correct replacement parts.

thanks
Mahantesh
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-12-25 at 10.37.19 AM (1).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-12-25 at 10.37.19 AM (2).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-12-25 at 10.37.19 AM (3).jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2021-12-25 at 10.37.19 AM.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Mahantesh.

With this combination of attachments, you could have either an S380-23 or S385-23 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. It looks like the stamp on your metal channel reads as "22 5", can you confirm? If it is, you'll need to select the 2250 stamp option.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Yes, the existing width is greater than 1 inch but slighly smaller than 1.1 inch.

Yes it is printed something like 22.5
Profile picture of Emily

If it's indeed over 1", then it's possible that your bottom shoe has just worn down over time and was 1-3/32" at some point. If you'd like a peace of mind, you can see our return policy here.

Thanks.

A couple of quick questions:
The length of the metal part is 22 inch 15/16 slightly less than 23 inch. I think should be able to book 23 inch.

Also could you please let me know what all other parts I would need to book (planning ot replace / buy new parts for what ever possible).
I am planning to order take out clips (https://www.swisco.com/Take-Out-Clip/pd/Channel-Balance-Retainers/16-002) and rivets (https://www.swisco.com/Rivet-3_32-inch-x-39_64-inch/pd/Fasteners/62-005)

Profile picture of Emily

Your stamp "22 5" indicates that your metal channel should measure as 23" but I'm not sure what other hardware you may need. I suggest checking your window to see if any other parts are broken or need replacing. If they are, show us some pictures and we can work from there. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.