Installed Coil Balances working but not in all locations of the window

A handy person from NJ New Jersey says:

I installed the 3 LB SERIES 140 QUICK-TILT, SINGLE Product Code: S140-3 for a bathroom window and am pleased with your delivery and overall results. I do note that the window will stay open when raised 1 inch and all the way up. However the window does not stay open halfway. Did I order the wrong weight? There was no labels on my window so I hand weighed and added a little to select the series. If I order another set at the next weight up will it solve the problem or should I look elsewhere in how the window works for a solution.

Again, so happy my condo association management team was able to point me to your site for the parts.

Thanks for listening.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200412_095801.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200406_121249.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200406_121256.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200412_094112.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200412_094542.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that our balance didn't work out for you. Can you tell me how much your original sash weighed? Can you also tell me what number was printed on the old stamp?

there was no numbers found anywhere. I weighed the sash on my bathroom scale and it was about 5 lbs.
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That falls within the strength range of the balances you purchased, so that rules out that possibility. I think the problem is just that the Series 140 doesn't match your old balance setup.

The balance shoe in your photos is an old version of our 15-180. This is designed to work with our Series 190 coil spring, 15-181 support, and 15-182 balance bushing. These parts will probably work better in your window.

Profile picture of Tom

Well, I was going off of the photos you submitted in your first post. Are those not the parts that were in your window to begin with?

I no longer have the old parts as I installed the Series 140.
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.