International door lock patio

A handy person from San Jose, CA says:
I need either a new handle for patio door that was made by International. It is a mortise lock. The internal parts that connect to the lever lock on the inside of the lock are missing. Everything else is there. So either I need a whole new lock or the internal parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221023_001722.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221014_040631.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221014_040646.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221006_020835.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221006_020841.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the 82-030 handle set with 3-15/16" installation holes and 82-218 mortise lock to the specifications of your door. The mortise is compatible with the 89-020, 89-021, and 89-021D keepers. Take a look and see which one would be the best match to the original keeper. Thanks for posting! 

A handy person from San Jose, CA says:
Hi Casey and thank you for the information. My handle set is 4 and 15/16 a screw spreads do you have something that fits that?
I do have the handle itself and the mortise lock still installed it's just that the lever switch and the part that connects to the liver switch that goes into the mortise lock portion is not there any longer I guess maybe it broke off in the past I'm not sure. Do you have just those parts and also if I put the three and 1415 screw spread handles on I'm not sure if the mortise lock it's in there now would line up with that handle set. Let me know what you think thank you
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. It sounds like you might be referring to the thumb latch that locks and unlocks the mortise from the inside. Unfortunately, we do not carry a replacement for this latch or a handle set like yours with 4-15/16" hole spacing.

The mortise lock shown in your photos typically works with handle sets that have 3-15/16" hole spacing but it's possible that someone retrofitted it to your door to work with the mortise lock. Your best option is going to be replacing the old handle set with one that has the 3-15/16" spacing, such as the 82-030 that we mentioned. Unfortunately, this will mean drilling new holes to install it. We advise hiring a local pro to help if you are uncertain about this.

Another option would be to use a surface-mounted option like the 82-005, which has 4-15/16" installation holes and does not require an internal mortise. You would just need to make sure that you have space on the door frame to mount the keeper that comes with it. Take a look and see if one of these options could work for you. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.