Series 795 channel balance replacement

A quick learner from West Henrietta, NY. 14586 says:
I have included a pic of the broken channel balance. the pic ending in 127. showes the broken bottom. Pic ending in 827. shows the opposite balance which still has a functioning bottom shoe. The only difference I notice is that our balances seem to have a slight groove at the bottom of the metal channel where your 795 series does not. This being the case, will your balance work? My channel measurement is 30" end to end (channel only).

Also, how do you get the bottom fitting in the window frame channel since your measurements indicate it is approx. 1-1/4" wide?

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220713_075827.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220710_164109 (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220710_164127 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that the S795-30 channel balance would be the correct replacement for your assembly. You are correct that our balances do not have the same groove at the base but our replacements will still work. The groove just gives a bit of extra clearance to insert the pivot bars when reinstalling the sash. With ours, you'll need to stagger them in the channel so that one is higher in the channel than the other to give the clearance needed to install the sash. 

You'll need to locate the stamp code on your metal channel to choose the corresponding strength option for your S795 balances. 

You can also go to time stamp 3:15 in the video below, which will show you how to install the t-lock shoe. Thanks for posting! 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.