JW Sliding Door Mortise Handle

A handy person from Utah says:
The lock on my sliding door handle broke. It appears to be a JW handle and a the lock was getting stuck some where it would be difficult to unlock the door. I would like to see if you have a replacement for the lock handle and the lock. Thanks,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0108.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0109.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0110.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0106.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0107.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! It definitely sounds like your mortise lock is the source of the issue. When the mortise starts hanging up, it takes more and more force for the thumb lever to actually throw it. Eventually the thumb lever will snap right off.

Fortunately, we sell both. My recommendations to start out would be the 82-265 mortise and 82-107 thumb lever. Look these two products over and let me know if you had any questions. We also have a video on the 82-265 that may be of interest to you.

Alternate image for 82-265
Alternate image for 82-265

Dimensions for 82-107
Dimensions for 82-107

How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.