Jalousue crank part

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

WE'd be happy to help but it's tough for us to narrow down your replacement options without seeing the arms that move the window. We'd have a much better chance of finding the correct replacement for you if you could show us a picture of the operator removed form the window with a clear view of the arm. Thank you!

A quick learner from New York says:

please advise as to what part i should buy to replace my existing jalousie crank opener thanks JIM

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named jalousie part picture.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named joulise part.jpg
see additional pictures. let me know if you need additional information.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1378.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1379.PNG
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! This is definitely a huge help. I was able to narrow down the list of replacements by a lot, but not quite all the way. You'll have to do some measuring to confirm the best possible option. Take a look at these operators:

I'm less sure about those last two, but I thought I'd throw them in the mix just to be sure. Carefully go over our dimensions and photos and let me know which pair of these, if any, would work best for you as a replacement.

Tom I am unclear what I should be measuring. I can pull the crank off the window but what should I measure... is it the hole at the end of the arm. is it the length of the arm ? also. how do i know if i should be ordering a left or right. are they all the same or are there left and rights that i should be thinking about.

please advise further thank you JIM

Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Jim. We have detailed measurements on each product's store page. All you have to do is visit their store page and go through each measurement to see if they match up. 

The list I gave you is split up into three pairs of left and right. As for knowing which one you need, it depends on what's broken on your window. These aren't usually labelled as "left" or "right," so you'll have to go by physical details. The easiest detail to go by is the bottom screw tab, the one that makes the operator look like an L. Look at what direction it faces and match it up to the photos on our site.

finally see attached photo showing all measurements I need to purchase the crank that will fit based on these measurements. please let me know which one to buy. need to buy immediately so that I can have them shipped. I am leaving for our of the country next Tuesday so we need to do this quickly. I am taking them with me. JIM

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

See our 39-060 & 39-061. The dimensions appear to match what you're showing us; the only exception is the arm extension length is 2-1/4" rather than the 2-1/8" you show; but I don't think this difference would really affect the awning operator's function. There is a certain amount of play during installation, so you should be able to get away with that minimal difference. Look over these operators and let us know if you think this is what you need. Also consider the fasteners and accessories listed on this page.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.