Looking to add a Key lock to a Jeld-Wen sliding patio door

A quick learner from Salt Lake City, UT says:
Hello,
I have a Jeld-Wen sliding patio door that I'd like to add a key lock to the outside of. When I take off the handles, there are two holes. The locking mechanism on the inside of the door goes through the bottom one.
I included a picture of the inside of the outside door handle- you should be able to see that there are two ovals built into it. I'm guessing this is where I might be able to punch out a piece and add a key lock? Really appreciate the advice.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3E4FAB77-1246-424C-A711-9E66B9B1E9B0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5DE89591-51EE-48E6-B693-AD8F5CDCE644.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8BD8F082-5D06-4CAF-805A-46B1AF282344.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4FF615D7-093B-417E-BE24-87C2CB6011A5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D04D4F4C-866A-44AD-AE69-B2F27DBF34CE.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare our 82-265 mortise lock and 82-086 keyed handle set with 3-15/16" mounting holes. Keep in mind that the 82-086 handle set has an offset thumb latch on the inside handle that is fixed. Thanks for posting! 

A quick learner from Salt Lake City, UT says:
Thanks for the speedy response! Is there a part like 82-315 that would be compatible? I like the idea of saving parts and $ by adding just the key lock and housing instead of completely replacing the handles. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

You should be able to use the 82-315, however, if you take a look at the related video showing the installation you will see that there are hole locations on the inside of the exterior handle. 

Looking at your photos, I do not see those indentations showing where to make the hole to install the 82-315. It might be better to cut to the chase and order the 82-086 complete handle set with a key lock and save your existing parts for repairs. 

How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.