Kinco channel balance for removable tilt window

A quick learner from Florida says:
I have 29 inch channel balances but the closest thing I can find on your website has plastic fittings on both ends. None of mine have plastic fittings. The hook at the end on the string attaches to the tilt mechanism.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2296.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2299.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2298.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2297.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like an older style tilt window channel balance. It's similar in design to our Series 770, but instead of a square clip at the end of the cord, you have a hook like our 62-105.

We can make this configuration for you but it has to be a custom order since it's not a stock part. Before we go further, though, I have a few questions I'd like you to answer.

First, can you tell me what the stamp on the metal channel reads? To play it safe, I think you should get us the sash weight, too. Down to the ounce if possible. That way we can calculate exactly how strong the spring will need to be.

Second, can you tell me how many you need? 

Once I have that information, I will email you a custom purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site.

The stamp is 2940. The window weight is 19 lbs. I need 6.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! I'll email you that link right now. Let me know if you had any other questions.

I do have an additional request. I need one pivot shoe and 2 pivot bars. Looking at other posts it looks like I need the 15-105 pivot shoe but couldn't find anything that looks like the pivot bar. Note the pictures show a pivot bar that has been twisted.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2307.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2302.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2303.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2306.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I agree, the 15-105 is a great match for your shoe. Those pivot bars are unfortunately not something we can supply. We actually did sell them at one time but they were discontinued around 2017. I actually think they were obsolete before then but that's about when our stock ran out.

To make things worse, we don't have a working substitute because of how uniquely these are designed. There's usually room to work around some other, older pivot bars, but not these. They're just too specific. 

I can only tell you that they were mostly used with Lawrence windows, but that's about the only information we have on them. I hope that helps you at least a little.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.