Kinco single hung window TW-1 series

A quick learner from Titusville, FL says:
The string that holds the window up on one side has come loose from the guide at the bottom and the spring is spring is sticking up out of the top of the balance frame (see pictures). The balance frame appears to be held in place by a bracket (picture), but when I remove the bracket the balance does not move and I can't tell how to remove it from the track. The balance is 30" long.

These windows were purchased in 1994. I realize they are old and perhaps no longer sold. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.
I got the balance out and the top pulley that attaches to the bottom of the spring is broken (see additional photos). I presume I will need a new balance, but not sure what to order.

The only number on the balance is f 2940.

Please advise.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. We can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order. Specifically, we'd be using our S770-30 with a 30D stamp for sashes weighing 24 through 29 pounds, but we'd swap the bottom clip out for our 62-105. Does that look good to you? If so, can you just tell me how many of these you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

I need one for now, but might consider ordering more depending on price. Please send a quote.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing. I'll shoot that over now. If you wanted to change the quantity, let me know right here in this thread and I'd be happy to do so. 

A quick learner from Florida says:
When putting the window back after installing the balance noted in my previous purchase, the left side pivot bar broke. See attached photos and recommend replacement part.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I recognize these pivot bars. We did carry these at one time, but they were discontinued and our stock ran out not long after. I'm afraid we have no compatible pivot bar at this time. 

I would check with a local mom and pop type hardware store. They may have sock of this older part still, fingers crossed. I am sorry that we can't be of more help.

A quick learner from Florida says:
Do you have a part number for it that I can use when checking other sources? There is no part number on mine, so I don't know how to look for it. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Tom

Hmm... there are no part numbers we have on record that would be relevant to any other company. They were made to be used on Lawrence windows, though. I'm sorry I cannot give you any more detailed information.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.