K/k windows...can they be fixed?

A handy person from Illinois says:
Im on a roll fixing things... learning is the spice of life. Can my few windows that won't stay up be fixed?? I noticed these are broken in those windows. Thx. Laura
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15932190764875935397011233956273.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Laura. Those looks like our 15-014 knife lock shoe. These are commonly used on the Series 751 channel balance, which is the mechanism that keeps your windows physically up. Odds are you will need new balances entirely.

Keep in mind that the 15-014 has been used on other, rarer balances in the past. Having the 15-014 doesn't necessarily guarantee that you have a Series 751 balance. Just something to keep in mind.

Soooooooo you're saying there's a chance? Woot woot!!

Order placed and I'm excited to work on it.

Thanks!!

Laura
Profile picture of Tom

You're very welcome, Laura! Please let me know how it works out, or if you had any follow-up questions. We're here to help to the best of our ability.

That was totally wicked. A few missteps but my windows are up. Can't tell you how grateful I am.

My old but functioning windows live to see another day.

Laura
Profile picture of Tom

Fantastic news! Thanks again for buying from us. We're here for you if you ever need us in the future.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.