Lock ID

A landlord from Derby, NY says:
Hi, I have two of these crank type windows, not sure what kind they are, which where here in my townhouse when I moved in in 2013. Each window now has one white broken window latch at this point, which I am trying to order replacement pieces for. I can see 21328A on this piece as well as 45189 2 and the manufacture says TRUTH. I think I will need new keepers as the broken plastic inside pieces are white, can you assist?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000003.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000002.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image000000 (2).jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the non-handed 38-144 sash lock, which uses the 38-276 and 38-277 handed keepers, to your original hardware. Thank you!

A handy person from MILWAUKEE, WI says:
I live in a condo and need to replace a broken latch, looking for the correct replacement. Number inside 45189 and a 2 under that and says Truth. It seems to be white in color.
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

The product number you provided matches the post shown above but we would need to see photos of your original lock to confirm if the 38-144 that we recommended could work for you as well. 

Here are the photos to confirm. Thank you for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5822.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5821.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Your lock does look like a match to the 38-144. You'll just need to confirm that the dimensions and plastic insert shown below match your assembly. 

Alternate image for 38-144
Alternate image for 38-144

Alternate view of 38-144
Alternate view of 38-144

Thank you for your reply. The plastic assembly broke into pieces with the one I need to replace. Just to confirm I am sending a photo of the plastic assembly from another lock from the same window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5826.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, the 38-144 would be our best match for your lock assembly as long as the dimensions match up to yours. 

Yes, the dimensions match up.
Thank you for your kind assistance.
Order placed.
Best regards
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.