Lock Replacement

A handy person from Colorado says:

Hello, I have a sliding glass door lock that broke and needs to be replaced. I have been looking everywhere but can not locate it. I ordered the item # 82-240 "Roto Multi-Point Mortise Latch Lever" but the actual grey metal lock part was too long and the round white circle on the top of the lock was too short. I appreciate your help! -Audrey

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Hm, I'm not sure why you the 82-240 didn't work for you; it looks like a match to me. Can we see the handle set from which this was removed? That might give us a clue as to what you need. Many thanks.

A handy person from Colorado says:
Hello, here are some pictures of the handle. I appreciate your help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BEC93229-DD83-43A8-8EF1-655BA990843A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3F586086-B33A-4B81-8089-381089E2C238.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C60A6A9E-E03B-4E7A-B597-673AE8C05699.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 270D50AE-1ED5-4C49-8C5B-F43346E77D0A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DF9D1A91-4BA8-4F45-9259-90D41E4B701E.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Hm.... I think I might see the problem. The lever you bought was designed to work with mortise locks like our 82-238. These have a large square hole to accommodate the tail of the lever.

Now, I wasn't entirely sure at first if your tail worked the same way, since it's broken, but looking at your handle I think that you need something that accommodates a flat tail, instead. Consider something like our 82-106, instead. This is meant to work on mortise locks like our 82-218 or 82-239. Look this hardware over and see if perhaps they match what's in your door a little more closely.

A quick learner from Talent, Oregon says:
I have the same problem and the identical broken lever. Did the handy person find an answer?

Thanks,

Roland
Profile picture of Bob

We haven't heard back from the handy person from Colorado yet. If you can show us your latch as well as the handle set and mortise lock it works with, I should be able to confirm if you have the same solution. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.