Lockheed Pivot

A quick learner from Shushan NY says:

I have a Lockheed window with broken pivot bars. Attached are pictures of the 3 1/8 inch bar.

please reply with a positive replacement.

Thanks

Tony S

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190930_114844[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190930_220246[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190930_115227[1].jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Tony. We have a ton of pivot bars that are similar to this, but I'm not sure what to recommend, exactly. It's also hard to make out your precise dimensions from just a tape measure. Can you measure the distance between the center of the first hole and the front tip of the pivot bar, then tell me what you get? If I know that measurement, I'm confident that I can find you a good match.

In the meantime, you can see our entire selection of pivot bars here.

A handy person from Shushan NY says:
In response the measurements are as follow:
tip to first hole 11/16"
tip to second hole 1 /11/16"
overall length 3 1/8 "
width 1/4 "
Profile picture of Tom

Can you confirm the distance between the tip and the center of the first hole? Looking at your photos, it looks like it's larger than 1". I don't think it's 11/16".

A handy person from Shushan NY says:
It depends which end you arte calling the tip. The tip to me is the pointy end. If you are saying the flat end is the tip then the measurement is 1 3/8 "
The distance between hole center is 1"
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, when I refer to the front tip, I mean the front tip that goes into the pivot shoe. The back tip doesn't really impact how the pivot bar functions or installs.

So to clarify, the first hole (assuming the flat end is the front) is 1-3/8"? That definitely gives us more options. Start by looking at our 26-452. The front hole on this pivot bar has the same 1-3/8" hole placement. As long as that's the same, I'm confident that this will work as a replacement.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.