Locking Pivot Shoes and Bars

A home owner from Kingsford, MI says:
I am replacing my spiral balances because they have failed on 2 of my windows. This issue is they continually come free from the pivot shoe, which is a locking pivot. To make sure I fix the problem completely, I thought I would replace the pivot shoe with the spiral balance, however, I haven't found a shoe that seems to match exactly. The 15-167 seems to be the closest contender, at the same dimensions as my current shoe. However, I don't know if it will work with the pivot bars I have.

Attached are pictures of the bar and the shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named locking pivot.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot bar.jpg
I noticed on my spiral balances that the tube goes longer than the bushing. The visible tube measures 27 3/4" and extends a 1/2" beyond the bushing. So, should the balances be 27" long or 28"?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sprial balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sprial balance 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The tube likely just has worn down or warped over time. Going by the entire tube length and diameter should suffice. 

Now, as far as the pivot shoe goes, could you remove it and show us a clearer picture, and also provide the exact width and thickness? Those are the most crucial dimensions for finding a replacement. To see how to remove and replace a pivot shoe, see the video below.

All measurements are taken with calipers. 2.03" tall at the tallest spot, 1.23" wide, 0.58" at the thickest spot (at guides and locking shoe) and 0.53" thick at the remainder of the body.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200810_152250.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200810_152107.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200810_152127.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The company that made your window balance system has gone out of business. To repair your broken parts, you can use the 15-129 pivot shoe. If you need a pivot bar, use the 26-415. For the window balance, you can use our S600-28. Please note our balance tube is metal not plastic. You should weigh your sash to get the correct balance strength.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.