Locking handle set for sliding glass door

Quick Learner from Cincinnati Ohio
May 14, 2024 1:49 pm
The mounting screw nuts that are cast in the exterior handle are broken off. The spacing between the mounting holes is 5 5/8".
It looks just like your part number 82-086 with the exception of the mounting hole distance.
The distance from the top mounting hole to the center of the locking mechanism tab is 1 3/16".
Thank you for your help.
IMG_0010 IMG_0009 IMG_9991
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 15, 2024 4:04 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

We have seen this handle set before and for handle sets with mounting holes that are 5-5/8" apart, your replacement options are limited.

We can provide two options, and neither is ideal. The first is to use our 82-086. I believe this can work with your existing mortise, and it does have a key lock, however, it has a hole spacing of 3-15/16". You will definitely need to drill a new installation hole. If it does install and work well, and there's no guarantee that it will, then one of your old screw holes will probably still be visible.

The other option would be a surface mount set like our 82-005. This is a different style and will also require drilling new holes at 4-15/16" on center, but it doesn't have to interact with your mortise since it uses its own. That means that you can install it in such a way that it conceals all the old holes in the door.

I'm very sorry that we couldn't offer a better handle set. If you wanted to stick with the style you have now, then I recommend contacting the original manufacturer directly. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts