Looking for Pennco Inc Channel Balances

A home owner from Charlotte NC says:
Hello,

We are needing to replace the channel balances on our PennCo windows. Can you help us with selecting the correct options?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2CD92C94-372A-45FB-A10F-0DEE16E985FC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D32D5E0D-B580-4996-8D0C-73FB84D40E51.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0EB0720B-DEB2-4CA5-A035-708AB0770A9D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1D4F1A02-BCAC-46D5-879B-F1E3286187D3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E9A4CC12-342D-499E-B7CF-6769EEA58459.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am confident we can help, but these balances will have to be specially made due to their configuration. You have an older type that isn't made anymore, but fortunately we can fashion something that works the same way from various parts we carry.

Specifically, I think we will be using our Series 770 plain channel balance, but we'll be swapping that terminal clip out for our 62-105 hook. That hook should then attach to a pivot shoe in the window jamb. Does that make sense? If you're interested, let me know the stamp printed on the metal channel, the length of the metal channel, and the exact weight of the sash they support. We need the sash weight since your old spring was probably calibrated a little differently than our Series 770. We'll have to suss that out on our end. Please be as precise as possible. Finally, how many balances do you need?

Once I have that information, I can draft a quote for you. Note that if you need to replace the pivot shoes that these balances connect to, I will need to see one out of the window also. 

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.