Looking for coil balance replacement parts for a vinyl double hung window

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Hi there,
I have a vinyl double hung window that does not stay open. Upon removing the sashe I found the springs on both sides broken. The springs are 1/2 inch 7 lb hook end that I could not find anywhere. I wonder if I can use your S152-7 instead. Also, the balance shoes are plastic closed rectangle hole. Could you advise which replacement shoe I need? Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, from SWISCO. It looks like your pivot shoe and coil springs have been discontinued. We believe you can use our S150-7 coil spring with the old pivot shoe. If the old shoe cannot be reused, you'll need to change it over to our 15-140 shoe. Hope this help!

A quick learner from New Jersey says:
Just fixed the window with the new springs. The old shoes still work, and they work with the new springs, just as Paul predicted. Thank you! You guys are real pros!
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.