Replacement bottom shoe for NVR BLDG PROD 1800J Window

A quick learner from Leesburg says:

I have two windows where the bottom shoe bracket is worn and no longer holds the balance. The bracket is made of plastic and fits into the u-shaped balance. I am enclosing a picture of the part. I am looking for a replacement part. Please help.

Here are the details of the window label:
2862 12/18/07
971916.002.000 1800J Single Hung

User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bobby. I think we can help, but I'll need you to confirm something. Looking at this picture, I can just make out an indentation along the front of the shoe. Does the metal channel have the same indentation to accept that? If so, I'm afraid this shoe is no longer made.

You see, the manufacturer discontinued this type of balance as they found that it wasn't a necessary design. Our Series 795 can replace the whole balance, as it works on the same principle, but the 15-195 shoe that is sold separately will not replace this old one if the channel is indented as I suspect.
A quick learner from Leesburg VA says:

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the balance metal channel fits over the shoe. The shoe connects to the channel using two protrusions on each side that fits into channel holes. Unfortunately the picture does not display them. Do you know the name of the company that manufactured my original shoe?

Looking at the Series 795 balance, I also believe it could replace the whole balance. Just to confirm, the balance includes a bracket to mount the cord toward the top of the window channel on each side. Is that correct?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the Series 795 has a metal clip at the top that is screwed into the side of the jamb track. You can see it in the images for the Series 795.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)