Looking for replacement channel balances

A landlord from Broomfield, CO says:
I am looking for channel balances for windows that were installed in around 2001. They measure 29" and some of the markings are "01A DB 28 HD" and "Db 102 28 REC". Both of these were on adjacent windows of the same size. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220818_010013235.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220818_010017105.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220818_010021091.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220818_010037610.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you have ribbed-type channel balances for a tilt window. We should be able to supply these, but before I say anything for sure I will need a clear picture of the shoe that was at the end of the cord. I don't see that in any of your photos. It seems to have broken off. Is that something you could get for me? It is an essential detail.

A landlord from Broomfield, CO says:
Thank you for the reply Tom! Attached are a few more photos of the shoe and where it connects to the window. The shoe seems to fit pretty tight in the window track, I had to pry one out to get a good photo. Are those intended to be removed and replaced with the new balance, or does the new balance just attach to the existing shoes? It was just attached to the string.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220819_191226345.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220819_191517616.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220819_195654877.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, that's precisely what I needed to see. Looking at these photos I am confident that our Series 751 channel balance is what you need to repair your window. This has the same 15-014 shoe at the bottom that you show here and should be fully compatible with your existing pivot hardware.

To answer your question, these shoes are meant to be replaced with the balance. They can theoretically be reused since they just tie to the end of the cord, but since our balances come with them anyway there's no need to.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.