Looking for replacement handles and locking mechanism

A quick learner from La Mirada says:
When we moved in, the locking mechanism of this sliding glass door did not actually fit, and the handle was broken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220727_030734511.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220722_234617201.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It sounds like the mortise lock in your pictures isn't the original one to the door. The one in your pictures would be our 82-239 but the cutout reminds me of our 82-265. Look over the dimensions and compare them with the space available in your door to see if this is a better match. 

Can you show me a picture of the interior handle? That will help me narrow down some options. 

A quick learner from La Mirada says:
Thanks, Emily! The screw holes are 11 in apart, matching the 265 I believe. If I should check anything else, just let me know.

I have also attached that interior picture. The lock switch came off, so I've included a picture of that as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1659631395291951510276033837652.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16596314194071328897746454593764.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Great, thank you! I recommend our 82-107 latch lever kit if that's the only thing that's broken but if you want the whole handle, see our 82-086. We also have a non-keyed version, our 82-089, if that interests you. Look these parts over and let me know if you had any questions.

A quick learner from CA says:
Well, funny story, the latching mechanism to replace the incorrect mechanism that came with the house is the exact same wrong mechanism that came with this house! The handle was dead on, though. The holes for locks on the mechanism don't align with the holes in the sliding door, and the screw holes are also not aligned
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220811_023954293.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220727_030734511.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

It appears you ordered the 82-239 but if this isn't the original mortise lock for your door, see our 82-265 instead. Compare our specifications with the installation holes in your door to see if this matches up. 

A quick learner from CA says:
Aha! Order placed. How would I begin to go about returning the other mortise lock?
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly, you can view our return policy here!

How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.