Looking for replacement parts for windows

A home owner from Honolulu, Hawaii says:
Hi! I'm looking for replacement parts for an H-LC25-48x77. Both windows will not stay up and slide down. I think I need some kind of "coil balance spring" for the windows because whatever we have snapped on both sides, and on both windows. I'm not sure what other parts I need. Thank you so much for your help! We have two other windows that will also need parts. We bought the house with these windows installed so I'm not sure where the previous owners ordered the windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9896C962-35AD-4720-A511-6973A323B4F5.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Based on what I can see of your hardware, I suspect your window uses our 15-087 coil housing and S180 Roller-Tilt coil springs, which install using the 16-024 mounting bracket. There should be stamps at the end of your metal coils that will tell you what options to choose on our website. Also, see the diagram below demonstrating how these parts should install. 

I'd recommend looking at another window with hardware that is still in good condition to confirm my recommendations. Thank you!

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram
Those looks like the parts!!! And I'm willing to try it instead of paying to replace two windows.

We have another window that's smaller in size (missing the manufacturer's sticker) but based on the diagonal and the length plus the width it would be H-LC25-40x63 (give or take).
Profile picture of Casey

Great. You'll need to remove the hardware to compare the dimensions to the parts I recommended in my previous message. Make sure to take note of the stamps at the end of the coils that you tend to replace since that will tell you how much tension they require to keep the sash raised. Thank you!

Thank you so much for your help! We were able to repair the window but there was a part on the outer part of the window that I didn't see on your website. We were able to reuse the part, but for the next window we may not get so lucky and it may break. Any suggestions?

Should I just replace it with part 15-087 and hope it fits?

We have another window that's smaller in size (missing the manufacturer's sticker) but based on the diagonal and the length plus the width it would be H-LC25-40x63 (give or take). Would the smaller window take the same parts that H-LC25-48x77 takes?

Thank you so much! Thank you for being so responsive and knowledgeable. It's so nice to be able to fix the window on our own (I didn't have any luck with window repair people getting back to me with a quote for the repair.)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3432.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3438.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3439.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3440.JPG
Profile picture of Casey

If the pivot shoe is not broken, you can reuse it with the new S180 coil springs. If you could show us a picture of your pivot bar, we should be able to confirm if the 15-087 pivot shoe is compatible. 

The S180 coil springs will have a spring code stamped on them that indicate the amount of weight that each coil supports. The smaller window will use the same parts but it might have a lighter spring number.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.