Looking for window balancers

A contractor from St. Louis says:
Looking for these specific balancers. The windows are aluminum framed from 1984 with the balancers attaching front the top and stopping at the midway point of the frame. They are held to the pivot feet with strings.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BB08326D-3FB7-4595-A064-0049A21F2B11.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B6E99EA9-2003-4B7A-9A8B-ACCE7154B1AA.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45C656F6-9A70-4313-B0EB-C2F13A0C42CB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AD77E9AA-9AF7-4C2B-A971-E5279C94D7ED.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 48EEE18E-4A35-4120-80D3-8C06EEB4C028.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. It looks like you have the Series 770 but with the 62-105 hook so that it can connect with a pivot shoe like our 15-105. This configuration isn't a stock item of ours but we can still help via custom order. I'll just need a few more details. Can you confirm the length of the metal channel and the stamp printed on the balance? Can you also tell me the number of balances you're looking for? 

Appears to be roughly 41 inches in length. The only thing I see stamped is "4040". I am looking to order 8 balancers.
Profile picture of Emily

Great, thank you for getting back to me! There's just one thing I wanted to clear up. Our balance installs with a screw but upon a closer look at your photos, it doesn't look like your assembly does. Can you confirm how your balance mounts to the top of the window track? I just want to ensure we get you the proper hardware for this repair. 

Note, we'll be using the 41D stamp for your replacements. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 27 to 32 pounds. 

These balancers look like they are pinched into the window track against a rubber grommet of sorts. The bottom is supported by a screw and that prevents the balancer from falling downward towards the bottom of the window frame.
Profile picture of Emily

Hello! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that we are still researching this. The fact that this balance pinches into the track is a little odd so please bear with us a little longer. Thank you so much for your patience! 

Much appreciated! Thank you for your time.
Profile picture of Emily

Hi there! Thank you for waiting. I know it took a bit but we really appreciate your patience while we looked into this. 

I'm afraid we couldn't find a balance that installs the same way yours does. The best we can offer is to custom-make our Series 770 but with the terminal clip swapped out for the 62-105. Just keep in mind that our balance isn't designed to install the way yours does and instead installs with a screw at the top of the window track so I can't promise this will work. It is also important to note that custom orders are nonrefundable. 

What I'll do now is email you an order link and price quote for (8) S770-41 balances with a 41D stamp and 62-105 hook attached at the end of the cord. You can use this to place an order on our website. Note, there is a 5-6 week lead time. If you wanted to change the quantity, just let me know right here on this page and I'd be happy to do so. 

I can't include the 15-105 pivot shoe in this order link so don't forget to add your needed quantity to your cart separately. 

If you have any questions just let me know!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.