Looking to repair double-hung windows that won't stay up

A home owner from Gorham, NH says:
I am in this house, built in 1989, where most of the windows do not stay open. I worked out how to tilt the sashes out (press in the vinyl and tug on the corner). The one I removed has both the lower and upper sashes stamped on the side with "NAMCO 224 278157 36x24 WHITE LOW-F". The balancers in the jamb liners are engraved with "24XHD B.S.I.".

IN the photos above, I removed both sashes, and found the upper one still functions, while the lower sash's balances were broken on both sides. This is more or less the case for all of my windows.

What I'm wondering is: can I get replacements for those balancers, and perhaps even seeking replacement for the jamb liners? I'm not sure how much I will need to replace, but I am looking at about 14 windows of the same style (not all the same size). I'm sure you'll need more information, and thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2155.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2147.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2150.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2153.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2161.JPEG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, and thank you so much for waiting during our busy holiday season. 

In your one photo, it looks like your balance uses a knife lock shoe which leads me to believe you have the S751-25 ribbed channel balance with the 24HD stamp option. This comes attached with the 15-014 by default so I recommend removing your old hardware from the window to confirm the specifications match up. 

I'm afraid we don't sell jamb liners but if this is a wood window, a local millwork should be able to help.  

Thanks! I'm glad to get some traction on this (better than replacing the windows). I will get to removing the balance to confirm?we just got cold up here so I'll wait for a warm spell, it might be a while! I do have a photo of the top of the jamb, attached, hopefully that conforms with the shoe you provided.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A99A34C9-68E8-4A8F-9E33-9BBE9A3C44F5.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid this photo doesn't tell us anything new but I do think that the Series 751 is a great place to start. 

Hi Emily! It's warmed up, snow is melting, and my windows need opening. I was able to remove the jambliner and have confirmed your suggestions. I'll be ordering those up post haste! The video was great, too, with one difference being that I don't have a removable interior piece. I was able to pry one side out with a putty knife but the other side isn't playing so nicely. Any suggestions? Thanks!

James
Profile picture of Emily

I think I see what you're saying! What we recommend doing is putting soapy water on the sill to see if that helps coax it out. I'm afraid there aren't really any tricks but you want to be firm but gentle with your putty knife when prying. The last thing you want to do is crack the vinyl! 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.