MI 3500 - Replacement Sash Support Coil Balance

A handy person from Mason, OH says:
Hello,

I found a broken coil balance in one of my MI 3500 windows (circa 2000). There are no markings on the coil balance - any idea what replacement part I should order?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I can't narrow down what you need from this information alone, as this hardware varies a bit from window to window. Can you show me a picture of the pivot shoe that the coil balances attach to? The identity of the pivot shoe tends to determine the identity of the coil balances needed. 

Here are a few photos. Let me know if you need more/different images.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200421_103820.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

This looks like the 15-181 Double Support Detent Clip, which works with the 15-180 Pivot Shoe. This system uses our Series 190 Coil Springs. To know what spring weights you need, look for stamp numbers on the coil tape. If there are none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of your window sash. Give us that exact weight, and we'll work out what you need.

I weighed the window sash in question and it was 22 lbs.
Profile picture of Bob

If the window weighs exactly 22 lbs, then you'd need a S190-540 5 lb spring and S190-640 6 lb spring on both sides of the sash. This would equal 11 lbs of support on both sides of the window sash, for a total of 22 lbs of support. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.