MW (now PlyGem) Window Parts

A handy person from 28557 says:
I"m looking for the plastic pieces in the attached photos that the spring/string attaches to. These are in vinyl, single-hung "WM" windows that were installed when my condo was built ~18 years ago. I haven't been able to find any other markings on the windows themselves, other than the "WM" logo on the window lock. Are you able to locate suitable replacements?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200729_161701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200729_161228.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200729_165319.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help, but we can only supply a completely new balance. Your original balances haven't been made in a long time and you pretty much need to replace the whole assembly with a modern version.

Before I recommend anything, though, I'd like a clear picture of the bottom end of your balance. I think I know what you have but given the circumstances I want to be 100% sure. I'd also like to know the diameter of the spring.

A handy person from 28557 says:
See the attached photos for the bottoms of both sides of one of my window's balance. The spring OD is 1/2", and the ID is ~3/8".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200803_155614.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200803_155553.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. I believe you can use our 1/2" wide Series 795 plain channel balance as a replacement for your original. However, the method of replacement is somewhat involved. I highly recommend watching the video below, which should cover everything you need to get the new style balance working in your window.

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.