MW windows

A quick learner from Raleigh NC says:
This block and tackle from end to top of gray rod is 28 1/4" in length.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 34DDC822-2BD2-40AF-A567-EF5832F76DD4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 07BC0CB4-EAEF-4F37-B6FF-28885FA273C4.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out. These are an older style cross-bow balance that have been discontinued. However, the good news is that there is a possibility that you may be able to convert it to our Series 795 Channel balance.

To confirm, you'll need to measure the diameter of the spring to determine if it is 1/2". If not, please let us know.

You'll also need to obtain the exact weight of your window.

Take a look at the video below for all of the information you'd need to confirm to select the correct balances.

Window #1

Length 28 1/4 inches (I have 9 windows this size.
Spring diameter, 1/2" inch
Weight 16 pounds
T-Shoe 1 1/4"
Pivot bar screw holes 1 3/8 inch from center to center.

Window #2 (I have 16 windows this size.
Length 32 1/2 inches
Spring diameter, 1/2" inch
Weight 19 pounds
T-Shoe 1 1/4 inch
Pivot bar screw holes 1 3/8 inch from center to center

Okay, great! For the 28" balances, you'll need the S795-28 channel balances with a 28B stamp option. Be sure to double check that the length of your balances isn't 28-1/2". You should still be okay with the 28" but but it's still best to double check. For the 32" balances, you'll need the S795-32 channel balances with a 32B stamp. 

These balances come equipped with a 1-1/4" T-lock balance shoe. 

Regarding the pivot bars, take a look at part 26-021 compare the measurements to confirm that this would work as a replacement for you.

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

Window 1

Crossbow balance is 28 1/2" as you suspected.

Window 2

Crossbow balance is 32 1/2"

Regarding the pivot bar from screw hole to screw hole is 1 3/8" of an inch apart

Okay, thanks for confirming! For the 28" balances, you will need the S795-28 channel balances with a 28B stamp option. And the recommendation for the 32" balances, would still be the S795-32 channel balances with a 32B stamp. 

If you have not done so already, you'll need to compare the other measurements to your original pivot bar to confirm that they are a match. You may refer to the diagram included above.

Once you've confirmed the measurements, you can place the order via the links included. If you need assistance with placing your order, you'll need to contact (888) 991-1929 to assist with placing your order.

Privet bar see photo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A74DC044-7D8F-4709-9078-524C64AB58F6.jpeg

Thanks for your photo. It is hard to say if this is the correct replacement because this is a drawing of the hardware. It would best to see the original part to make the best recommendation.

Based on the shape you've drawn, I recommend taking a look at our 26-366. Keep in mind, you are converting these balances from a discontinued balance style, so your exact pivot bar may not be available for purchase.

DIMensions for 26-366
DIMensions for 26-366

Alternate view of 26-366
Alternate view of 26-366

My apologies I thought I added that photo

I'm sorry to say your pivot bar is no longer made anymore however I am confident the 26-366 will work as a replacement for you. In most instances, the old pivot bar typically works without having to make any modifications, however, there are some uncommon cases, like yours where you will need to retrofit the part to work.

Since the tip of your pivot bar is much longer than our pivot bar, you will need to re-drill new holes to install it. Keep in mind when re-drilling the holes to match our installation holes, you'll want to make sure that you are not drilling too far into the frame so that you do not crack the glass.

This is the best possible solution we have as a replacement since your pivot bar is no longer made. 

I hope this helps!

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.