Make Storm Door Inswing

A quick learner from New York says:
I need to make a stormdoor right inswing due to incoming stairs.i tried the handle but the inside latch doesn't reach 40 028. As you can see. If you have something that works would be amazing. So I can't find handle to reach so I have to get inside lock and new door. Was wondering if I can use the bracket with a door at home depot ? I have added photo of hold door problem and photo of the door from home depot.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid the 40-028 is the only in-swing handle set we have. Can you go into more detail on why the inside latch doesn't reach? What exactly is it not reaching? 

The inside stem that is suppose to latch isn't long enough ..as you see we have a deadbolt on the door but during the day it's open and bangs with the wind and open on winter days
I bought it before and had to return it because it didn't reach inside to hold door shut
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you for clarifying. It sounds like it's not reaching the keeper. However, the 40-028 comes with its own keeper that you're meant to use. You may need to drill new holes to mount it closer to the door as well, if that's not enough. Otherwise, I'm afraid we don't have another solution. The 40-028 is the only in-swing handle set we have.

Profile picture of Tom

Are you referring to the 40-006? We have a guide that shows how it's used to convert a door to work as an in-swing storm door on its store page. I will also post it here for your convenience. 

I see that online .. but was wondering about the inswing bracket works on a out swing door like the photo below..I need a inswing stormdoor due to I have 9 steps directing outside our door. I need a stormdoor to swing inside on the closed in porch. So I can buy this door and make it swing inwards
I don't understand if I put a out swing door on how does the bracket work to make it swing in on porch ? Yes talking about bracket
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Sorry for the confusion! Hopefully I can clarify. 

Looking at the photo of the storm door you're reviewing at the home center, you would first need to install the storm door so that it swings into the house (taking in consideration that there might be a slope in the floor; porches tend to slope the floor for water drainage). 

Looking at the handle on the door shown, I actually think might be able to turn that handle into work on in-swinging. However, with that being said, to mount the door closer you will need to install the 40-006 in-swing bracket at the top of the door. Tom already linked to a guide showing how to install it. That bracket itself gets mounted to the top of the door with the closer mounted to the top of the door frame.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
40-006 In-swinging Door Bracket Installation
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.