Marvin Tilt Wood Window Balances/Supports

A quick learner from Dublin Ohio says:
We have several broken parts
the markings
30 XHD
26 XHD

Do you have a compatible replacement part?
If so, what is your part number and where can I get a picture of it and pricing we nee approximately 12ea 26's and 4ea 30's

I think that the "shoe" (Photo "26 HD Mrvn Tlt Blnc Shoe") is your part number 15-014 Balance knife lock shoe.

I think that the balances (Photo "26 HD Mrvn Tlt Blnc") are your "Ribbed-Channel Balances" Series 751 in 26 inch and 30 inch lengths.

Without disassembling the window I can't determine which "S-clip" is used. It appears from the photo (Photo "26XHD Mrvn Tlt Blnc clip-hanger") to be narrower like your 19-030 Long S-Clip.

What are the options for the balances, e.g., "TG" "HD" and " R" for the 751 Ribbed-Channel balances?
My current (broken) balances are stamped with XHD or XHD2.
I want to get the heaviest duty ones you offer.
User submitted photos of their Marvin tilt wood window balances
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree with you: the Series 751 channel balance, with a 19-030 clip, appears to be a match. However, in order to determine what stamp option you should select, I will need to know what the weight of the sash is for both windows. You can determine the weight by removing the sash from the window and placing it on a common scale. Let me know what you come up with and we can work from there!
A quick learner from dublin ohio says:
OK - now what stamp options do you recommend as appropriate for your 751 Raised Channel balances (26" and 30" lengths) for Marvin tilt wood windows weighing 25 pounds (With the 26" balance) and 31 pounds (With the 30" balance)?

It might speed the ordering process and the repair process if you offered some explanation with regard to your "stamp option" in the information you provide on your website.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. For the S751-26, I would recommend the 25TG option, which can support a window sash weight range of 24 through 30 pounds. Does that look about right? For the S751-30, I would recommend 29TG, which can support 28 through 35 pounds. Let me know what you think.

The other weight ranges for these balances ("HD," "R," etc.) vary. Would you like to know the weight ranges for each of these as well, for each channel balance?

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Also, please double check the balance lengths. The 30XH and 26XH balance stamps normally translate to the 30TG and the 26TG, however, they measure 31" and 27" in length.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.