Milgard Balance Replacement

A home owner from Eugene Oregon says:
I have to replace a Milgard balancer. It is stamped "32 9 IP Caldwell". Can you please advise on replacement part. Thx, Roger
A customer submitted image of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Roger! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?

Can you also confirm the length of your metal channel? Based on your stamp, I would say that it's 33", but I would like you to confirm.

Finally, I see that your stamp ends with the number 9. Unfortunately, we do not have any standard options that match that stamp. If at all possible, could you please give me the weight of your sash? This will help us determine the best possible option for you!
A home owner from Eugene Oregon says:
Hi Paul. The bottom shoe is 1 3/32 deep so it looks like 15-004. The metal channel is 33" as you suspected. The weight is about 45 lbs. I suspect I will need to buy matching balancers so the window rises evenly. I guess the closest spring strength will work if I install both sides. Thx. Roger
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! It looks like you have the S385-33. However, you have a very heavy sash. We don't have any standard options for the that can support that weight. Your balance, therefore, will have to be custom made.

To begin, take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I have started for you and fill out the Contact and Shipping information. One of our representatives will contact you shortly thereafter.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)