Milgard Sliding Door Lock Replacement

Home Owner from Long Beach, CA
Dec 16, 2022 12:58 am
Hello, I've been trying to find this replacement everywhere online and can't seem to find it. I've got a Milgard vinyl sliding door that is about 2 years old. The locking mechanism doesn't seem to work anymore and the only replacement I can find is too thick to slide into the door.

It says Interlock Assa Abloy on it and its .5" thick.
interlock-1 interlock
2 user uploaded images
3 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Dec 16, 2022 10:55 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

It's tough to be sure since the lock body is not visible in your photos but take a look and compare the specifications of the 82-268B mortise lock to your assembly. Thank you!

Dimensions for 82-268B
Dimensions for 82-268B

Home Owner from Long Beach, CA
Dec 16, 2022 1:43 pm
Hi, I actually purchased this lock and its too thick. The one you referenced is 7/8". Mine is only 1/2" thick. Any other ones?
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
Dec 16, 2022 2:19 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Unfortunately, we do not carry a version of this mortise lock in any other sizes. If you haven't already I would recommend contacting Milgard directly to discuss your replacement options.

I'm sorry that we won't be able to assist with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts