Milgard Window 21" channel balancer

A home owner from Hawaii says:
Need Channel Balance for Milgard double-hung, double pane, vinyl Classic window: 21" long, 1/2" wide, string broke.

Number on metal part: 20 4 GT CMC 2

2010 Classic Milgard Window Number: 174 250CT2000 0884 661550 012 C2C2 *V*
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel B.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your photos, I believe you have either our S380-21, which has a 1" deep shoe, or the S385-21, which has a 1-3/32" deep shoe. You'll have to measure your shoe to confirm the best choice. I know it doesn't seem like a big difference, but it is important.

Is the shoe the depth of the original Millard channel? My channel is 5/8"deep and 5/8" wide X 21" long.
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. Your balance has two nylon fittings, one installed at the top and another at the bottom. We call the bottom one a "shoe." You need to measure yours and then refer to the dimensions we show for the two products I recommended to decide which is a better match.

Thanks for your response. I have sent a photo with both ends and their measurements that I think you need. Please let me know if this is the part you wanted me to measure.

I want to clarify that our window is a double pane, single hung Milgard vinyl window. 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel +Shoes.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

These photos help confirm that you definitely have one of the two balances I mentioned earlier, but the shoe measurement you gave is not the depth. I recommend carefully looking over the dimensions we show on the store page for each balance to get a good idea of exactly what measurement you need to compare. We have detailed dimensions that you can use as a reference.

OK, that was a big help. Please see the measurement I've added for the channel balancer for my Milgard, single hung, double pane window. I believe the shoe is 1 1/32".

Do you have this product? If so, I'd like to order two. Thanks!
--Cynthia
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel+Shoes.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Cynthia. I'm afraid that we don't have a shoe that measures 1-1/32" deep. It's possible that yours was once 1-3/32" deep and wore down over time due to wear. If so, you'd want our S385-21 channel balance.

If you remeasure it and think it might actually be 1" deep, though, then the S380-21 is a better choice. I'm personally leaning more towards the first option, but the final decision is ultimately yours.

Hi Tom,
I think you're correct. That measurement is closer to 1 3/32". Please send me two of the S385-21 channel balances, or should I order them myself?

Thank you for your most helpful advice!
Aloha,
Cynthia
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named S385-21 channel balance.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Cynthia. I cannot place an order for you here, but you can place an order directly from our site at your convenience. 

Thanks for considering us! Please let me know if you had any other questions.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.