Milgard double hung vinyl windows circa 2000 ?

A handy person from Hawaii says:
Hello, I need to replace several balancers like the one shown as well as the shoes.
Hoping you can tell me what the part is and have in stock! :)
Also, do I need a jamb spreader to get the new shoe into that channel? seems pretty tight.

My property is in Hawaii and this window is ocean facing so hopefully the replacement parts are more rust resistant.

Look forward to your response!! Norm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named RightSide Channel Shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LeftSide channel.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balancer Removed.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balancer 14inches.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm actually not familiar with this balance. It has a very peculiar design, at least compared to other balances of the same type. Please give me a little more time to look into this and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Profile picture of Tom

Okay, I have confirmation that your balance is not made anymore. The good news, however, is that our Series 770 can work perfectly well for you as a replacement. Look it over and see what you think. I would specifically recommend the S770-13 with a 13B stamp option.

For the pivot shoe, see our 15-210.

Regarding whether or not you need a jamb spreader, it is not usually necessary. These should come out after you unscrew it from the jam.

Tom, thanks for your reply. I will order the parts to give it a try.

I also have crank-style \ casement windows also from Milgard that I need to replace the cranks and the window lock mechanism. Should I start a separate thread or can I add photos to this thread for those?
Tom, to help expedite, I went ahead and uploaded pics of my Milgard casement windows. I need to replace several parts including the crank, the extender arms that attach to the crank, and the locks. All have deteriorated due to ocean spray exposure.

Thanks!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MilgardCasementCrank.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MilgardCasementWindow.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named MilgardCasementLocks.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Your operator here looks like our 39-239C, but I'm not sure about the locks. Would it be possible to see them removed? The most important dimension here is the arm or fork that interacts with the locking mechanism on the outside, which is obscured here.

We also sell the 39-451 handle/cover set separately.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.