Milgard window operator replacement

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
I need to replace my window operator but not sure of the correct part number needed. Please see pics. I was on the Swisco website and found possible replacement parts:
39-239B or 39-239C. These windows were installed in 2004

Please advise.

Mahalo.
Russ
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Russ! I agree, you could use either our 39-239B or 39-239C, depending on whether you want stainless steel or not.

I also recommend the 39-451 cover/handle assembly if you cannot reuse your originals.

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
Thanks for the confirming the correct part number. I received the SS replacement window operator ( 39-239C) today. I removed the broken operator and replaced with the replacement with no problems. I was trying to remove the cover from the original operator, but looks like the cover is part of the operator thus unable to remove the original cover. How do you remove the operator cover from the operator? I could remove the handle with no problems.

Mahalo.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It's likely that your old cover cannot be removed, as you surmised. For some older operators, the cover is permanently affixed to the base and cannot be removed in any way. That's why I suggested the 39-451, just in case.

How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.