Milgard window replacement channel balance and shoe

Quick Learner from Bartlett, Illinois
Apr 29, 2024 1:42 pm
I have Milgard windows with a 28D channel balance. I need a hook mount for the top but I am unsure whether I have a closed cam or open cam shoe. Can you confirm the style from the photos attached? Thanks!

thumbnail_IMG_0822 thumbnail_IMG_0823 thumbnail_IMG_0824
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
Apr 30, 2024 3:05 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thanks for writing in! The balances you have are the S795-28 with a 15-198 hook attached to the top of them. These will need to be a custom assembly.

The shoe you have pictured here is the 15-195 closed cam shoe, which can be identified by the closed off metal cam on the back of the shoe. The open cam shoe has a cam with an open hole in it. The replacement balances will come with the 15-195 shoe assembled.

I've forwarded a link with a quote for (2) of the requested balances. There is a bit of a lead time since we do not currently have the hooks in stock. If you would like a larger quantity of balances, please let me know and I'll be happy to update the quote for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts