Missing handle lock lever

A home owner from Maryland says:
Hello,

I also have the Silverline 5500 patio door and would like to order the replacement lock 82-218. The issue I have is that I am also missing the lever to lock and unlock. Previous owner took the guts out of the lock area and jimmied the lock mechanism at the top of the patio door making it easy to get locked out. That's why I want to fix this.

The question I have is do you have a compatible open/close lever that would go with the 5500 series patio door and the 82-218 lock? If not, I can order the the entire kit from here:

https://www.amazon.com/Silverline-Patio-Door-Handle-White/dp/B077S3DDMT

But tell me, is the 5500 lever compatible with the 82-218? Does that matter? This is new to me so I might be missing something.

Thanks,
Bobby
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4363.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Bobby. I think you should consider our 82-106 thumb lever. This is designed to work on handle sets like yours, though it's probably not exactly the same as your original. I know for a fact that it's compatible with the 82-218. Look it over and let me know what you think.

great. I'm ordering both! Hopefully that's everything I need. Thanks for your help.
Hi there. I'm looking forward to the order. Question - The jimmied upper lock contraption will need to be taken off. How do you recommend I do that? Looks like it's glued in there tight. I don't want to ruin the frame. Thoughts? Thanks!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4456.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4457.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4458.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that I don't recognize this part. I'm surprised to hear that it's glued in, though. That should not be. I would double check that to be sure. If it is, I don't know what your options are. You might want a local professional to come out and see if it's something they can help with.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.