Mortise lock for screen door

Home Owner from Bay Area
Apr 25, 2024 12:58 am
Hi there,
I'm having trouble finding a replacement for this mortise lock for my screen door. The door itself is only 4 years old but the locking mechanism of this lock has failed and will no longer maintain the locked position. Many thanks in advance.
Chris
IMG_6467 IMG_6466 IMG_6465 IMG_6464 IMG_6463
5 user uploaded images
2 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Apr 29, 2024 10:03 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I can't believe your screen door with the 83-037 mortise latch is only four years old! Our supply discontinued it back 2018, unfortunately.

With that being said, take a look at the 83-112 Screen Door Mortise Latch to see if this will fit the cutout in the screen door. Keep in mind you may need to adapt the door to install this.

Carefully review and compare the dimensions and see if this could work for your repairs.

Alternate image for 83-112
Alternate image for 83-112

Alternate view of 83-112
Alternate view of 83-112

Home Owner from Bay Area
Apr 29, 2024 1:51 pm
Thank you for your helpful reply. Much appreciated.
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts