Multi point latch lever

A quick learner from Reno says:
Locking mechanism for a sliding glass door. The part I find on line is number 82-240, but the tip is too long. The piece I need is about 3/4 inch.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E13F9A13-F42D-47DA-9E26-715EAD94D3F6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0DD6BAB6-5067-4241-A28D-80402675BE2F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F4135077-5AA5-4759-A7F1-43DC149F2071.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This problem has come up before. Your handle set has a hole spacing, or distance between the center of each mounting hole, of 4-15/16", correct? In theory, the 82-240 is indeed the right lever for this style of handle set. But this lever is designed to work with mortise locks like our 82-238, which have a square shaped hole to accommodate the shape of this lever's keytail. May we see the mortise lock in your door? Depending on what style you have, you may be able to use a keytail like our 82-106 instead. 

You are correct. It is 4 15/16". I tried the 82-240, but it didnt fit. I have attached more pix. Thank You.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1693.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1695.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. So, this mortise lock looks like our 82-269. To be honest, this should work fine with the 82-240. Let's get a little more specific. Does the lever not fit the mortise, or does it not fit under the handle? If it's the former, I'd try installing it again; it should work. If it's the latter, your handle set might be too old to work with this modern lever, and in that case I'd opt for a new handle set entirely. See our 82-080. Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good. Let us know if you have any other questions, and thanks for reaching out. We appreciate it. 

Thank you. Its the latter.I will order the new handle set.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.