My wife doesn't think I can get this fixed by Christmas.

A handy person from Denver, Colorado says:
Good Evening -
First, thanks for your helpful videos and postings on door hardware.
Second, I have a broken patio door lock latch. (Fortunately it is broken in the locked position.) The attached pictures seem to match an 82-089 handle system. The problem is, I need only a bronze latch lever and probably a new mortise lock.

When I look through your site, I can find the handle, including a latch lever, but not in bronze. (If I found it in bronze, I'd by the whole thing just to have the right parts.)

I can find the mortise lock, but not with a latch lever.

For what it's worth, my wife is sure she's going to have to fix this 'just like everything else in this household'. Any suggestions? (On the lock issue, the other problem is unsolvable.)

Thanks,
@5280'
TC
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock1.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thanks for writing in. We do carry a keyed version of this handle set that does come in bronze, which would be our 82-086. Unfortunately the latch lever on its own, the 82-107, only comes in white. As for your mortise lock, this handle set works with several different parts and we would need to see your original mortise lock and get the distance between the installation screws. 

A handy person from Denver, Colorado says:
Good Evening -

Following up on your reply above, I'll be glad to get 82-806 handle set.

And, I have attached additional pictures of the mortise lock. Based on the recent performance of the lock and the break on the lever, I am best to replace it as well. Hopefully these photos are sufficient to define the replacement.

Thanks,
@5280'
TC
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 8.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 7.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock 4.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for those follow up pictures. For your mortise lock and keeper, consider our 82-265 and 82-249. Be sure to carefully compare the dimensions to your original part! 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.