Need 4 new channel balances

A home owner from Draper, Utah says:
The balances measure 34 inches long (metal to metal) and 1/2 deep. They show a # 33E on the side.

Purchased home 2008 from Ivory and Co.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220807_114714.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220807_114842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220807_114720.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220807_114723.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220807_114931.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

To further review, we will need to see an undamaged version, where we can see the bottom attachment or hook at the end of the balance channel. Thank you! 

Lauren: Here are some more photos. Hopefully this will help. Thanks Kent
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220811_110537.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220811_110855.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220811_110549.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220811_110613.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220811_110825.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kent, 

At first sight, your balance resembles the Series 751 channel balance, but hesitant that the knife lock shoe is the same style. To further review and confirm, we will need to see the shoe removed from the channel to view the style closely. 

We will also need to know the weight of the window sash to determine the correct spring strength needed to support the window sash. 

Lauren: Here are some more photos of the end parts on the channel balancers. Let me know if this helps. Are you finding parts that are similar to these? Thanks, Kent
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220817_110709.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220817_110314.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220817_110518.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! Lauren isn't here today, but I'll do my best to assist you.

Looking over your conversation and photos, it looks to me like these are going to have to be a custom order. Like Lauren said this is a very similar design to our Series 751, but that shoe is a different style than what comes with this assembly by default. It has that particular "U" shape that matches our 15-197. You'll note right away that ours is black, not red, but that shouldn't matter. I've used the black version to replace the red before and I found that it worked perfectly well.

Here's another odd detail about your balance: they have a ribbed channel but a "33E" stamp. That's not very common. Such a stamp is usually only seen on other styles. It's not a deal breaker, though, but it does mean I have to give you a little more homework. I'm going to need the exact weight of the sash so that we can determine how to calibrate our Series 751 spring to match it. The three stamps we're picking from are as follows:

• 33R: 15 through 24 lbs
  • 33HD: 24 through 29 lbs
  • 33TG: 29 through 36 lbs

Once you give me the sash weight I'm just going to pick whichever one of these fits best. 

Lastly, I'll need you to tell me how many balances you wanted to purchase altogether. We have to set the quantity on custom orders ahead of time so a count is needed. Once I have all that, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to add these balances to your cart. 

To summarize from the top, we'll be making you a special S751-34 balance but with the default bottom shoe swapped out for our "U" shaped 15-197. The only details I need from you to get started is the weight of the sash, so that I can know how strong to make the spring, and a count.

Please let me know whenever you can get that for me!

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.