Need Balance for Large Window

A home owner from USA says:
Window balances - I just spoke to someone about getting replacement ones for my window that is 461/4 x 58 1/2

I have some photos but the old balances are not in the window - I did take a picture of the one in my bathroom (which is very small not the same size) I am hoping you can assist me in finding new ones - thanks so much
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Renee Bal5.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Renee Bal4.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Renee Bal3.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Renee Bal2.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Renee Bal1.PNG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your sweep lock looks a lot like our 95-005. Look over the dimensions and compare them to you existing sweep lock to determine if this is the right replacement.

Alternate image for 90-005
Alternate image for 90-005

The take out clip you have pictured would be our 16-002. Which is compatible with a few different balances.

To determine the right balance replacement for your window. I'll need to see a clearer photo of both the top and bottom attachments. You may need to remove the balance from the window to provide a clear photo.

I took the entire window out of the frame to see if I could fix the old ones but there is nothing in them - I think the previous owner removed them and never put them back in---this is why this is so difficult - I am so sorry - I will see if I can send you some more pictures in a bit
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

In the first set of photos sent, there appears to be a channel balance in the window in the first photo.

Is that balance no longer in the window? If it is, that is the part I am requesting to see removed from the window. I'll be able to use that to identify the other balances but only if it is the same exact type of window.

I THINK WE ARE GETTING OUR MESSAGES CROSSED - I ONLY REQUIRE BALANCES FOR THE WINDOW - I ONLY SHOWED THE OTHER ONES TO SHOW YOU WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

THE BALANCES ARE GONE - SOMEONE TOOK THEM OUT - I AM TRYING TO REPLACE THEM - THE MANUFACTURER OF THE BALANCES WAS KINRO - THAT IS WHY I SHOWED YOU THE PICTURE OF THE LATCH

THE SIZE OF THE WINDOW IS window that is 46 1/4 x 58 1/2
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Jasmine isn't here today, but I will do my best to help you.

Reading over your messages and looking at your photos, I can tell you that it's going to be very difficult to ID your balances without having the originals on hand to use as a reference. I think we can still help, but you need to understand now that any recommendation I make will be an educated guess. 

With that in mind, I'm going to need the following information from you:

• A clear picture of the top and bottom nylon fitting for the balance from the smaller bathroom window. This will require full removal of the balance from the frame.
  • Exact weight of the sash for the larger window.
  • Exact height of the visible glass on that same sash. Overall sash size won't help in this case, just the visible glass height.

I should be able to use this data to determine the configuration, calibration, and length of the missing balances. Just note that I'm asking for this information under the assumption that the window that still has its balances and the window that's missing its balances are identical, aside from size. That is to say, the same make and model.

Hello = the measurements are just the glass portion - the window weighs 32 pounds - the picture of the balance is from the smaller window but I am not able to remove it - Kinro is the manufacturer - I just wanted to show you what the balances looked like - the mobile home was built in 2004 if that assists - if you come down to two sizes I will just buy both as it will be cheaper than replacing the window - thanks so much - Renee
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5670.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5671.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5672.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5673.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-5674.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you. This is definitely getting us on the right track, but I still need to see the other balance's nylon fittings clearly and without obstruction. I can see the top fitting well enough, but not the bottom; it's too obscured. Considering we don't have any other reference to work from then we can't really take any chances. You have to take it out so that I can see that bottom fitting clearly. If possible, I'd also like to know its depth.

This isn't something we can guess at or work around. This balance is the only reference I have to work with right now; without it, I have nothing else to base my recommendation on. Removal is necessary for us to proceed.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.