Need Top Pin & Any Other Missing Parts For Bi-Fold Door

A handy person from 92284 says:
Hi, I have a bedroom with metal bi-fold doors that's missing parts & someone tried to use a top pin that's for a wooden door. Currently, the left door is leaning against the wall. I know for sure I need the top pin for the left side & the right side seems fine. I've included pics of each side. Is there a diagram of what this style door should look like if it's complete & properly installed? If I had something to compare what I have now to what it should be I'm sure I can figure out what I need to order. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SBR - Wrong Hardware.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SBR - BottomLtPin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SBR - TopRtPin.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SBR - BottomRtPin.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you tell us the diameter of the original pins for the door, as well as the diameter of the caps atop the pins? Is there also any manufacturer label on the door? For more information on bifold doors, see this blog article here

A handy person from 92284 says:
Hi Bob, I hope the "multi shot" makes sense. It's the bottom pin which is the same diameter as the top & there's an impression of one of the top pins to another door. The cap is the only one I could get off of one of the pins & I think that's because it's in bad shape. I just realized I didn't include a pic of the other door's top pin which what I need to replace the missing pin. The hardware it goes into is pictured with a ruler held next to it. I have the label as well. Please let me know if you require further pics, measures, etc. Thank you so very much for your help. ~Laurie
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210412_142401.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210713_180054.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20210713_181410.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SBR - RtTopPin.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the response. That label that notes this is a "Model C" door makes me think this might be an original Slimfold Bifold door. We carry the newer versions of these pins, and if the critical dimensions match they would work for you. The 21-001 is the bottom corner adjusting pin, and the 21-007 are the other guide pins. Please compare the diameter of the caps and the diameter of the pins, and let me know if they match your old hardware. Also see the other components we've listed on this page. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

A quick learner from CA says:
Hi again Bob! Things are finally back on track for getting this room back together. The pivot assembly 21-001 is for the bottom. I need a pivot assembly for the top. I need new caps for all of the guide pins. I'm including a picture of one of the guide pins with some measures. I also thought you'd get a giggle out of the other picture. My elderly neighbor has the same closet doors as I do so I thought I'd check hers before ordering. She needs all new caps. Well, except for these 2 top caps pictured that I plan on rescuing & installing properly. These caps are so important. The guide rods for my doors are just a straight rod with a clamp holding it in place. I'm not 100% sure what caps will fit them. Please advise. Thank you so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211205_211258[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20211201_230713[1].jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings, perhaps I can help You and your neighbor have the old Slimfold bi-fold doors. The old plain guide pin in the first photo has been replaced with the 21-007 spring loaded guide pin. The nylon cap for this pin is no longer available, I am afraid. The caps in the second photo look like our upside down 21-105. Slimfold has made it easier with the new pins. You would use one 21-001 bottom threaded adjusting pin. The other three, top pivot pin and two guide pins would be the 21-007. Let me know if you have further inquiries. 

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.